Notice of Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Date : June 15th, 2021
Time : 7:00 pm
Location : This year's AGM will be held virtually via Zoom.
The Zoom link and password will be sent by email within 24-hours prior to the AGM to those who have registered. All NGHA Members are encouraged to attend (note: only Members who are 18 years and older are eligible to vote).
In order to facilitate a successful virtual AGM, we are asking for your understanding and cooperation with the following:
- All Members who plan to attend the AGM must register their intent to attend through their ngha.powerupsports.com account no later than *June 8th 2021*. You must identify your full name when registering and use your full name when joining the AGM Zoom conference (in order for the administrator to identify you).
- If you have any questions that you would like to be addressed at the AGM, please send them no later than June 8th, 2021 to the President, Tracey Gillies, at the following email address: NGHApresident@gmail.com
Volunteers for upcoming 2021/2022 season
We are looking for volunteers for various jobs within the NGHA without requiring the commitment of being on the Board. If you are interested in helping the NGHA continue to provide a quality hockey program for our girls, please contact Tracey Gillies at NGHApresident@gmail.com.
Proposals to Amend By-laws in the Constitution
As per SECTION 11 – ADOPTION AND AMENDMENT OF BY-LAWS, amendments to the Constitution may be made at any properly called Annual Meeting of the membership. An amendment in writing signed by a mover and a seconder must be given to the Secretary at least 14 days before the Annual Meeting is to take place. Both the mover and the seconder must be voting members of the Association. An amendment must be approved by two-thirds majority of the voting members present at the meeting.
Agenda for AGM
1. Presentation and adoption of the minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting
2. Presentation of the Mary Lou Zywicki Bursary awards
3. Report from the President
4. Reports from Directors and Committees
5. Reports from the auditors
6. The budget for the ensuing year
7. Appointment of auditors for the ensuing year
8. Election of Officers and Directors
The Board of Directors' positions (2-year terms) have been acclaimed, as follows: