Coaches Brent Byrnes and Wayne Liepmann are thrilled to be working together with the Peewee Competitive B team. Both coaches bring a wealth of hockey experience from within – and outside – the NGHA. Brent and Wayne share a love of hockey and an understanding of the impact of sport on developing responsible young adults.
Both Brent and Wayne share a passion for individual player development, team building, and creating an environment where girls can safely gain mental strength and self-confidence. Together with parents and volunteers, Coaches will work to establish a positive, enthusiastic, and safe environment for development.
Congratulations to the Peewee B players
Peewee B Objectives for 2019-2020
1. Absolutely go PURPLE at DIFD!
2. Win the Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup!
3. Challenge players to develop skills/tactics beyond their expectations;
4. Win/lose with sportsmanship and respect for teammates, officials, and opponents; and
5. Become the most difficult Peewee B team to play against: “Maximum Effort!”.
Players can expect to be on the ice 4 to 5 times per week. Coaches may also add additional practices, clinics, or dry-land sessions to the core schedule.
Tentative List of Tournaments:
• Markham-Stouffville 8th Annual Starsfest – September 2019
• Etobicoke Dolphins Pink The Rink Tournament – October 2019
• Kanata 36th Annual Girls Hockey Association Competitive Tournament – November 2019
• Belleville 43rd Anniversary New Years' Classic Tournament – January 2020
• Paint It Purple - Nepean 39th Annual Tournament – February 2020
• Provincials – April 2020
Team Fees are expected to be approximately $2000/player. Note: Team fundraising activities are expected to be undertaken to alleviate fees/expenses.
Good luck at Try-outs!