Tryout Registration Info
2022 - 2023 Competitive Tryouts
Spring tryouts for U13, U15 and U18 competitive teams will start on April 24th for goalies and April 30th for players. The dates for tryouts are listed below.
Following Hockey Canada Pathways for U9 & U11, tryouts and conditioning sessions will be held in September. Details and registration will be available later this summer.
To register for tryouts:
- Tryout Registration and fees must be completed and paid in full by:
- end of day Friday, April 22nd for goalies
- end of day Wednesday, April 27th for players.
- This is not the full-season registration. Season registration will take place after tryouts are complete and players have been assigned to a team.
- Fees for tryouts are $225 for players trying out for AA, &175 for A and $125 for BB and below. The tryout fee is a flat fee and covers all tryouts sessions, so if a player is released from the AA or A tryouts, they can continue without additional fees at the BB and lower levels. Tryout fees are non-refundable.
- Players registered last season with another OWHA affiliated association must have a signed PTS form (found here) or a formal release from their previous association. Before their first tryout session, documentation must be emailed to the competitive directors.
- Players require NGHA-issued tryout jerseys and must be purchased at the time of tryout registration. Jerseys cannot be purchased at the rink.
- No player will be allowed on to the ice unless all documentation and fees are in order.
- REGISTRATION FOR COMPETITIVE TRYOUTS IS NOW CLOSED.
Player selection will be based on the tryout sessions and possibly the previous year's in-season player evaluation (and statistics), with more weight placed on the actual tryouts. The player season evaluations are important and will also assist in the “bubble” picks or when discrepancies exist between evaluators.
Each division will have a “Selection Committee”:
- Head Coach of the team. The Head Coach may bring their own evaluator (cannot be a parent or related to anyone trying out at that age level) but the coach still only gets one vote.
- Up to 4 paid/non-paid non-parent evaluators with hockey backgrounds.
- A board member as an observer.
- Prior to age and level commencing, the parents will receive a document outlining the team's expectations in terms of time commitment and costs. By continuing with that specific tryout you are agreeing to those expectations.
- All releases will be posted on the NGHA website. Every effort will be made to post the numbers the same evening as the tryout, but there may be times when they can only be posted in the morning.
- The Head Coach will contact the final roster for each team.
- Parents must observe the 24-hour rule on the day after these announcements.
Attendance: Injuries or missed tryouts:
- If a player misses a tryout session, an email must be sent to the competitive directors 48 hours in advance. They will provide you with more info regarding any impacts.
- Medical limitations or absence will impact tryouts and placement. The NGHA Competitive Committee will use past performance, coaching evaluations, previous season statistics and other pertinent information to place the injured or absent player at the right level.
- An injury or absenteeism may not mean automatic placement on a competitive team. Any placement by the Competitive Committee is not appealable.
- The injured or absentee player is still required to register and pay for tryouts to be considered.
- If a player is unable to participate due to injury, a medical note must be provided to stating she is unable to participate and when she is expected to return to play.
The dates for tryouts listed below are subject to change. Please be sure to check for the latest news and updates. Players may be divided into groups for some sessions; if splits are indicated, please make sure your player attends the correct session.
|DATE ||DAY ||START TIME ||END TIME ||DIVISION ||LEVEL ||ARENA ||Splits - By Last Name |
|27-MAY ||FRI ||20:00 ||21:00 ||U13 ||B ||Minto Recreation Complex - North Rink || |
|28-MAY ||SAT ||13:00 ||15:00 ||U13 ||C ||Minto Recreation Complex - North Rink || |
|29-MAY ||SUN ||18:30 ||19:30 ||U13 ||C ||Walter Baker Centre - Arena B || |