U18C Competitive Tryouts
Registration for U18C competitive teams tryouts is now open.
To register for tryouts:
- Tryout registration and fees must be completed and paid in full by end of day Wednesday, August 24th. Please note that purchasing a tryout package does not register your player for the season. You must register for the season separately.
- Fees for tryouts are as follows:
- Players who previously registered for, and participated in U18 spring 2022 tryouts: $0
- Players who did not previously register for/participate in U18 spring 2022 tryouts and need a tryout jersey: $175
- Players who did not previously register for/participate in U18 spring 2022 tryouts and do not need a tryout jersey: $125
- Tryout fees are non-refundable.
- Players registered last season with another OWHA affiliated association must have a signed PTS form (found here) or a formal release from their previous association. Before their first tryout session, documentation must be emailed to the competitive directors.
- Players require NGHA-issued tryout jerseys. Jerseys must be purchased at the time of tryout registration and cannot be purchased at the rink.
- No player will be allowed on the ice unless all documentation and fees are in order.
Player selection will be based on the tryout sessions and possibly the previous year's in-season player evaluation (and statistics), with more weight placed on the actual tryouts. The player season evaluations are important and will also assist in the “bubble” picks or when discrepancies exist between evaluators.
“Selection Committee” will include:
- Head Coach of the team. The Head Coach may bring their own evaluator (cannot be a parent or related to anyone trying out at that age level) but the coach still only gets one vote.
- Up to 4 paid/non-paid non-parent evaluators with hockey backgrounds.
- A board member as an observer.
- The Head Coach will contact the final roster for each team.
- Parents must observe the 24-hour rule on the day after these announcements.
Attendance: Injuries or missed tryouts:
- If a player misses a tryout session, an email must be sent to the competitive directors 48 hours in advance. They will provide you with more info regarding any impacts.
- Medical limitations or absence will impact tryouts and placement. The NGHA Competitive Committee will use past performance, coaching evaluations, previous season statistics and other pertinent information to place the injured or absent player at the right level.
- An injury or absenteeism may not mean automatic placement on a competitive team. Any placement by the Competitive Committee is not appealable.
- The injured or absentee player is still required to register and pay for tryouts to be considered.
- If a player is unable to participate due to injury, a medical note must be provided stating she is unable to participate and when she is expected to return to play.
|DATE ||LEVEL ||START TIME ||END TIME ||LOCATION |
|TUES-SEPT-6 ||U18C ||20:00H ||22:00H ||Bell Sensplex - Milk Up Arena |
|FRI-SEPT-9 ||U18C ||21:00H ||22:00H ||Water Baker Centre - Arena A |
Players who have been selected to continue in the tryout process will be posted to the U18 continuations page.
Questions on the tryout process and schedule can be directed to the Competitive Directors at NGHACompDirector1@gmail.com (Justin Jedlinski) and NGHACompDirector2@gmail.com (Kim LeClair).