U9-U11 Competitive Tryouts 2022-23
U9-U11 Competitive Tryouts
Registration for U9 and U11 competitive teams tryouts is now open. As per the Hockey Canada Pathways for U9 & U11, conditioning sessions and tryouts will begin early September. The schedule will be available shortly.
To register for tryouts:
- Tryout registration and fees must be completed and paid in full by end of day Saturday, August 13th. Please note that purchasing a tryout package does not register your player for the season. You must register for the season separately.
- Fees for tryouts are $225 for players trying out for AA, $175 for A and $125 for B and below. The tryout fee is a flat fee and covers all tryouts sessions, so if a player is released from the AA or A tryouts, they can continue without additional fees at the B and lower levels. Tryout fees are non-refundable.
- Players registered last season with another OWHA affiliated association must have a signed PTS form (found here) or a formal release from their previous association. Before their first tryout session, documentation must be emailed to the competitive directors.
- Players require NGHA-issued tryout jerseys. Jerseys must be purchased at the time of tryout registration and cannot be purchased at the rink.
- No player will be allowed on the ice unless all documentation and fees are in order.
Player selection will be based on the tryout sessions and possibly the previous year's in-season player evaluation (and statistics), with more weight placed on the actual tryouts. The player season evaluations are important and will also assist in the “bubble” picks or when discrepancies exist between evaluators.
Each division will have a “Selection Committee”:
- Head Coach of the team. The Head Coach may bring their own evaluator (cannot be a parent or related to anyone trying out at that age level) but the coach still only gets one vote.
- Up to 4 paid/non-paid non-parent evaluators with hockey backgrounds.
- A board member as an observer.
- Prior to age and level commencing, the parents will receive a document outlining the team's expectations in terms of time commitment and costs. By continuing with that specific tryout you are agreeing to those expectations.
- All releases will be posted on the NGHA website. Every effort will be made to post the numbers the same evening as the tryout, but there may be times when they can only be posted in the morning.
- The Head Coach will contact the final roster for each team.
- Parents must observe the 24-hour rule on the day after these announcements.
Attendance: Injuries or missed tryouts:
- If a player misses a tryout session, an email must be sent to the competitive directors 48 hours in advance. They will provide you with more info regarding any impacts.
- Medical limitations or absence will impact tryouts and placement. The NGHA Competitive Committee will use past performance, coaching evaluations, previous season statistics and other pertinent information to place the injured or absent player at the right level.
- An injury or absenteeism may not mean automatic placement on a competitive team. Any placement by the Competitive Committee is not appealable.
- The injured or absentee player is still required to register and pay for tryouts to be considered.
- If a player is unable to participate due to injury, a medical note must be provided to stating she is unable to participate and when she is expected to return to play.
Questions on the tryout process and schedule can be directed to the Competitive Directors at NGHACompDirector1@gmail.com (Justin Jedlinski) and NGHACompDirector2@gmail.com (Kim LeClair).